RE: XSL, XSLT terminology -- do you know this stuff well?

Subject: RE: XSL, XSLT terminology -- do you know this stuff well?
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:52:28 -0700 (PDT)

------------------------------
Nagai, Paul
You probably you wouldn't ever say any of the four. You would say, "Add
a formalpara template to the XSL Stylesheet to handle the recent dtd changes." Here "formalpara template" refers to a bit of XSL code that describes what to do with the element, formalpara.

Personally, I'd say "I need to include the formulapara element in the xsl," mostly to distinguish the xsl from the css and the DW template I'm using, and to avoid dumping a bunch of terms on my target audience that they either don't need to know, or already know and would understand the shorthand. But then again, that's in my workflow, your workflow, and mileage, may vary. :-)

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed