RoboHelp Questions

Subject: RoboHelp Questions
From: "Michelle Lentz Gerl" <michelle -at- write-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:50:54 -0400

Hello!

I have several Robohelp issues for which I cannot seem to find an answer. I
hope that by tapping into the great brain trust here at Techwr-L I might be
able to solve these problems.

The first important thing to note is that I am unable to recreate any of
these errors. My client has these errors repeatedly in the compiled Help
file I gave them, but I cannot create these errors at home. I have run the
compiled Help file on three machines, only one of which already has RoboHelp
installed. My client is running XP, but I have tested the file on Win XP
and 2000.

By client request, I am using RoboHelp v8.0 (or RH 2000) for HTML Help.

Here are my three issues:

1. On my client’s machines, the glossary is missing. We are using the same
.CHM file, yet I can see and access the Glossary through the Glossary tab.
Their glossary tab is empty.
2. When my clients click on a link that goes to a popup, a small error
dialog box appears that says
A Runtime Error has occured.
Do you wish to debug?
Line: 0
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
3. The help file is small to medium in size and uses the Search tab when
compiled. When a user enters a word into the Search tab, the Searching ...
dialog box appears fleetingly. Incredibly fleetingly. It's so quick (like a
tenth of a second if that) that it looks more like something is wrong with
the Help, as the dialog isn't legible. It took me forever to figure out what
it even said.
Is there a way to disable this dialog box? My clients are greatly disturbed
by this and want the dialog box gone.

Please feel free to email me apart from the list. Thanks so much for any
input you may have.

Take care,

Michelle

Michelle Lentz-Gerl
Write Technology: technical creative solutions provider
michelle -at- write-tech -dot- com

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com