Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:32:28 -0400

Nora Merhar wrote:
>>> The integrity of one's closest colleagues
>>> on a job is of primary importance.
>
> I'm confused--whose integrity is being questioned? What is dishonest
> about holding back unnecessary information at an interview? What IS
> dishonest is claiming that you've worked with a DTP that you haven't
> worked with, or created a particular document from scratch when
> you've only edited SME-provided information. But I don't see how NOT
> saying you're being outsourced shows a lack of integrity when you
can
> honestly say something else that puts you in a better light.

I'm suggesting that if my job is being outsourced, nobody with
integrity would blame *me.* And if my former company cut its doc
department to two people, and you blame me for that, you are a
consummate jerk.

I'm also suggesting that why my former company chooses to no longer
need my services is not something I need to hide. Not only do I not
*need* to hide it, but chances are quite good that a prospective
employer is going to do a little research and wonder why I would lie
about such a thing. If I were such an employer, I would wonder about
the judgment of such an applicant. What else is that person going to
fudge about?

I was laid off 9/7/01 along with 34 other people. You want to tell me
it was my fault? If so, you have no integrity. Michele's husband lost
his job because it was offshored. You want to tell him that he should
hide that fact and not state it plainly and openly? That's
contempible.

Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com