Re: Screenshots from an LCD monitor

Subject: Re: Screenshots from an LCD monitor
From: John Root <jroot -at- publisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:21:34 -0700

On 4/8/04 1:02 PM, "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com> wrote:

> The only difference that I can find is that I'm doing it from an LCD
> screen rather than a CRT screen.
>
> Has anyone noticed a difference in screen quality when using an LCD?

No, and you won't see a difference based on monitor type as the actual image
is based on the content of display memory and not what you actually see on
your screen.

If your images appear "grainy" you may be getting dithering resulting from
saving as GIF (8-bit indexed color) when your display is set to 16-bit
(thousands) or 24-bit (millions) color. If the desktop scheme you are using
contains more than 256 colors (ie: high color) then Snag-It will be forced
to reduce the pallete and sill utilize dithering to simulate the original
color range. This would certainly give a grainy appearance to the screen
shots.

John

John Root
Publishing Systems
jroot -at- publisys -dot- com

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com