Quark Compat. Recap & favor please!

Subject: Quark Compat. Recap & favor please!
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:40:23 -0400

A couple of weeks ago, I asked about transferring Quark/Mac
files to either Quark or InDesign for Windows, and got some
good answers and advice, thanks.

Sometimes you make the wrong decision for all the right reasons...

This is a start-up organization with not a whole lot of money
to spend, and the price for Adobe's Creative Suite, which
includes InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Distiller, and
GoLive, is only a couple of hundred bucks more than Quark --
and I needed everything except GoLive (having an older version
of DreamWeaver in-house) -- so I bought CS.

Now for my problem...
InDesign does a great job of sucking in Quark files from
version 4.0 or earlier but does not come with import filters
for Quark 5 or 6 and most of the files I have must be 5s
because InDesign just does not recognize them.

I have downloaded the Quark 6.1 demo, so I can open and
view the files, but the demo is save-disabled. I can copy
individual elements from one application to another, but
not whole pages.

So, I need help, please!

If someone could...
point me to an updated import filter to suck Quark 5 or 6
into InDesign

--or--

gimme a clue as to how to copy whole pages/documents from
Quark to InDesign

--or--

volunteer to take my Quark 5+ files and convert them all
(one time only) to Quark 4 so InDesign can read them

...I would be eternally greatful!

Thanks a million!

-Sue Gallagher

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com