FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:52:01 -0500

Hi all, I wanted to share this last week and then forgot. I had an interview last week and the interviewer had the audacity to tell me that the technical writing industry was not in a recession so wondered why I hadn't worked much last year.

Then, my husband who is a programmer and whose job is being offshore outsourced to India had an interview. He does Oracle work. Three years ago the Minneapolis newspaper would have had over 100 jobs in the Sunday paper for Oracle, but now there are usually 2-5 Oracle jobs in the Sunday paper. The IT director was shocked that his job was moving to India and told him that there wasn't any recession going on. He also indicated shock about the Oracle job moving to India because as he told my husband, "Companies don't just move work to India."

People never cease to amaze me.

--
Michele

"Not allowed to sing 'High Speed Dirt' by Megadeth during airborne operations." ('See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker')
Quoted from a military blog
www.krautgrrl.com

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com