RE: VMWare question

Subject: RE: VMWare question
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:21:55 -0500

Gordon...thanks for the great instructions. There were a couple of minor
differences, such as how to get to the Options, and the memory setting
(I had to stop at 364, not 400...I'm only running 512 total, but that's
being worked on), but in general, great. Much appreciated

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

"is there a way of replicating that virtual machine instead of creating
each new one from scratch?"

As Bill says you can just copy the VM files to a separate folder. You
can also rename the files to make things easier but you need to change
the name in a few places, here's what I know at the moment:

1. Rename the .vmdk and .vmx files to the new machine name.

<snip>

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com