Re: Acrobat issues

Subject: Re: Acrobat issues
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:17:16 -0800 (PST)

Windows 98 and 2000 are different OSes. Upgrading is
bad juju. Fdisk to remove 98 then install 2000
cleanly. Otherwise, Win9x dlls and the like hang
around.

Certainly, typically, there are different versions of
printer drivers for different OSes.

So, the first thing I'd recommend you try is Fdisking
and reinstalling Win 2000 from scratch. Failing that,
try uninstalling Acrobat, deleting all
Adobe/Acrobat/Distiller printer instances, then
reinstall Acrobat.

The minimum version of Acrobat that was supported on
Windows 2000 was 4.05c, not 4.01.

--- Al Friend <afriend -at- howelllabs -dot- com> wrote:

> Hope someone can shed light on this one. Ever since
> I "upgraded" from W98 to
> W2000, I've had issues with printing to Acrobat,
> mostly in terms of display
> quality and some font problems. I wonder if my
> installation is using the
> wrong PPD or other driver?
>
> What's the right PPD for Acrobat 4.01c on W2000? And
> where do I look to see
> which one my installation is using?
>
> Al Friend
> Howell Laboratories, Inc.

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com