Tech Writer Promise (was RE: Information Reqd)

Subject: Tech Writer Promise (was RE: Information Reqd)
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:17:03 -0500

I was sorely tempted to respond to Bhaskar's ingenuous request with a sharpish "Read the archives!" or "Google!" or "Go back to school!" but I decided it was uncharitable.

I've updated the Scout's Promise; surprisingly, I didn't have to change much:

Technical Writer Promise:
On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to my cow-orkers, end-users, reviewers, managers, directors, VPs, corporate bottom line, God, and the Queen (not necessarily in that order)
To help other people at all times (while meeting budgets and deadlines),
And to carry out the spirit of the Technical Writer Law.

Technical Writer Law:
A TW is helpful and trustworthy,
kind and cheerful,
considerate and clean,
grammatical and diplomatic,
wise in the use of all resources.

Technical Writer Motto:
Be Prepared (Thanks, A. Plato)

The standard of behavior we exhibit during emergencies is not scary; on the contrary. It is a demonstration of how pleasant life can be when people treat one another courteously.
--Judith Martin (Miss Manners)

From: "Bhaskar" <bhaskar -at- comnetmsg -dot- com>
Can anybody mail me about the following:

1) What does single sourcing mean? (in Technical Writing)
2) What is Interleaf? Its difference over FM and Robohelp?

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com