Re: RE: Quark compatibility question

Subject: Re: RE: Quark compatibility question
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:22:00 -0500

> Gene asks:
... What happened to the
> Quark seats that were used to create the files in the first
> place?

They belong to a marcomm contractor that the company no longer
uses.

Dick says to transition to InDesign. I thought of that, and I
may.

Which would be easier to learn? Any opinions? I used Quark
for a couple of months back in the early 90s. Don't remember
which version, but it was on Mac OS 6 or 7. And I know
FrameMaker.

I've taken a permanent position as doc manager for a company
with which I've been contracting for a year. (hoorya! Whew!)
We've just dismissed the marcomm contractor we were using
and hired a VP of Marketing, but so far, neither one of us
has the go-ahead to hire staff, so we're winging it. I'm
getting the source files from the contractor, but all I have
are techcomm tools and these are definitely marcomm docs and
they're currently in Quark for Mac.

Thanks a bunch!
-Sue Gallagher (taking a page from Darren B's book...)
http://members.cox.net/susanwg/
www.deepnines.com

"It isn't flying; it's falling with style."
-- Buzz Lightyear

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com