RE: don't believe the offshore hype

Subject: RE: don't believe the offshore hype
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:24:21 -0500

At 11:57 AM -0800 2004-03-09, Wade Courtney wrote:

I'd be interested in how many U.S. writers have degrees in technical
writing/communication. I'm might be persuaded to bet that its not that
many. ;)
Personally, my degree is in information systems. I have only had one
class in technical writing.

My degree is in chemistry. I do have two certificates (basic & advanced) in technical communication from a local college, but they were obtained several years after I entered the profession because a particular client I was targeting required paper credentials to be submitted to their HR department before they would schedule employment interviews or a accept a freelance project bid from a prospective vendor. By the time I got the certificates, that particular company was caught in the bow wave of the dot.com bust. Oh, well. At least I (a) met a whole bunch of creative, talented colleagues, and (b) learned a couple of things <grin>.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com