Re: Which image format

Subject: Re: Which image format
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "Cook, John" <John -dot- Cook -at- camtronics -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:31:32 -0800 (PST)

Again, that depends upon the printer and what they can most conveniently handle. For example, I recently did a job in which the printer could most conveniently handle InDesign files, which is what the particular piece was created in.

Imposition systems at the printer are critical, and trying to manipulate a .pdf is cumbersome using some of these systems. In addition, from the source files it is somewhat easier to do separations.

However, I am curious: why do you *never, ever* send source files to a printer? What "evils" do you avoid in this process?

David

-----Original Message from "Cook, John" <John -dot- Cook -at- camtronics -dot- com>-----

. I never, ever, send source files to a printer. I always send
. press-ready PDF.
.
. Bill Swallow

Same here.