Design of online documents

Subject: Design of online documents
From: "HSC Italian" <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:04:12 -0600

I need some clarification from my fellow professionals. When a document is delivered in .pdf format on a CD to the end-user, should the template be designed for online viewing or print?

Currently, all but one of our document types are delivered in .pdf format on a CD. Contrary to what I've been taught over the years, I'm being told that documents delivered in .pdf format need to be designed primarily for the printout the end-user will ultimately print. My experience in this field has taught me that online documents need to be treated as an online document, with the use of color, links, et cetera.

All feedback and any references are much appreciated.

Heidi -- a frustrated soul

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963