More Word Bloat - XP helps?

Subject: More Word Bloat - XP helps?
From: "J. Ressler" <jressler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:16:14 -0700

I recently received a couple of Word files created using Word 2000 (on Win XP) back from my boss. I copied them from my PC, to the network, then he opened them (probably from the network) and edited them using Word XP on Win XP.

When I copied them back to my PC, each of the 5 files was reduced, some as much as 1Mb, others around 400Kb. He only edited the text in the headers and footers of each document, only changing the total number of characters by 3 or 4. The style did not change.

The largest file was 3.1Mb and returned as 2.1Mb. I know there are a lot of variables here, but does Word XP help alleviate some of the Word bloat? Word has been pretty stable for me since I updated my OS to XP, but now I am curious about bloat.

justin

--
http://www.ccicolorado.org
"Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People."