RE: FWD: Quiet workplace

Subject: RE: FWD: Quiet workplace
From: Zola <zola -at- zolaweb -dot- com>
To: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:04:16 -0500

At 10:47 AM 3/1/2004, Diane Evans babbled happily:

In the meantime, you can get noise-cancelling headphones. They aren't cheap, but they are just amazing. Stop by at a store that sells them and ask to try them out.

I run into the noise problem all the time when I am trying to study, I have three teenagers and a multitude of cats.

The noise-cancelling headphones were a bit pricey, so I tried out a pair that were passive noise reduction. (If you want the brand and model, email me offlist). I also picked up some of those "environments" type CD's.

The difference is astonishing. The rain/surf/what have you sounds don't interfere with my concentration, but totally block out the noise (to the point that someone can watch TV right next to me without a problem)

The particular headphones I have also has an independent volume control which helps--I can easily turn it up a little if the background noise warrants.

They are a bit heavy, but I found it a small price to pay to be able to think.

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. We're going to try to take over the world!!" ---Pinky and the Brain

Visit me at <www.zolaweb.com>!

ICQ#2048151