I've been spammed!

Subject: I've been spammed!
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:10:32 -0500

Chuck Martin has been spammed by <<... a company within our industry. I have such a strong desire to out-and-out name the company and advocate that no one use or buy their product.>>

Best beware. Were I interested in doing significant damage to a competitor, I'd hire a spammer to promote the company for me: use their PR information, hawk their product, provide contact information (real Web site etc.). Upside: Everyone who receives the spam will be annoyed by my competitor. Downside? If I'm caught, I can always claim I was doing pro bono work: "They make a great product, and I thought I'd share that news with everyone. So what if they compete with me? Healthy competition is good for the industry."

Let's just be grateful that most spammers aren't nearly as intelligent as the people who market our elected officials.

--Geoff Hart ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca