Resumes with a sense of humour

Subject: Resumes with a sense of humour
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:14:16 -0600

Hello all,

Why do resumes have to be 100% serious otherwise you alienate a recruiter or employer? For example, my husband has this is in his resume:

§ Decorated cube with map of India where my job is being relocated. Mental note: learn to like curry.

He feels that demonstrates his sense of humour and he figures that if a company won't hire him based on that line in his resume then he doesn't want to work with him. He's an Oracle guru. What do techwhirlers think?

It makes me think of that line from the movie, American Beauty. Something about the dramatic always making an impression.

Michele

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com