Re: It did happen on a Friday...

Subject: Re: It did happen on a Friday...
From: "Edwin Skau" <edskau -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:09:12 +0530

Karen o. wrote:

>Four design engineers approached me with a wording >problem.

>"We have multiple master clocks," they said. "And one of >them is more
important than the others. There are also slave >clocks, which are slaves to
the masters. We call the most >important master clock the Chief clock. Can
we call the >other master clocks Indians?"

Hey, What Time Is It?
-Rick James

Before offering a naming convention, I would want to know whether there was
a generic context for the clocks at each level that the name could indicate.

Purely on a mapping level, you could use anything that depicted three
levels, including grandparent, parent and child...

The map is not the territory. Use your nomenclature to describe the
territory, not the map.

-eddy

P.S. So what did you use?