Re: Converting American English to British English

Subject: Re: Converting American English to British English
From: "Edwin Skau" <edskau -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:50:27 +0530

Anna wondered:

>> Does anyone know of a cheap, nonhuman way to review content for
localizing American English to UK English?

Yeah, outsource it to Eminem.

>>I'm hoping for something like those online translators that take your
input and turn it into another language. I need
to use it on a number of files, though.

I'm hoping for a teleportation device that will save copies of me that I can
send to work.

Seriously, this is not a good idea. I think most work on natural language
algorithms and translation engines focus their attention on translating
across languages and not between dialects of the same language base.

-eddy

-eddy