Re: Bloated Word Doc

Subject: Re: Bloated Word Doc
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: "Mike Bradley" <mbradley -at- techpubs -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:20:58 -0500

Mike Bradley writes:

How many ways can Word expand the size of a document beyond reason?
One of my users has a Word 2002 doc that's 5 times bigger than it
should be. It has no versions saved internally, no TrueType fonts
saved, and all tracked changes have been accepted, yet the file is
still humongous. He dumped the file to text and formatted it all over
again when the file got so big that Word bogged down, so we know its
true size.
Not only that. When I applied a different template to the file than
Normal.dot, the bloated file doubled again in size.

Select everything except the last paragraph marker, then cut and paste into a new doc.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3