RE: The undergrad again

Subject: RE: The undergrad again
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:00:53 -0800

::: However, I did only need to interview one tech writer, so I
::: chose one of the
::: first respondents and sent the questions to her.

Hmmm... In my experience, you never want to take the advice of just one
person... But what do I know... ;)

I also had the same feeling, Bill. As we have discussed on this list before, there are many types of tech writers working in many types of industries, each of us with our own individual backgrounds.
Interviewing just one reminds me of the poem "The Blind Men and the Elephant," which I keep prominently displayed on my cubicle wall. (http://www.wordfocus.com/word-act-blindmen.html)

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

High-speed users?be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1