How to Resize GIFs in Webworks Professional 2003 for Framemaker

Subject: How to Resize GIFs in Webworks Professional 2003 for Framemaker
From: egorlow -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:12:24 -0700

If there a way to change the size of GIF files, so that they do not have
the Webworks default DPI?

I wrote a one-line macro for the keyword "GIF", checked the "use macro"
checkbox, unchecked the "import by reference checkbox", and regenerated
the project. Nothing I do has any effect on the size of the output GIF
files.

I have searched all over the web for a solution to this. The only solution
I have found involves creating a new Rasterizer marker in Framemaker,
which involves a lot of handwork. I also tried to batch resize all the GIF
files using various freeware tools I found on the web, but the quality was
not very good.

Any reasonable suggestions are welcome.

Ellen