Re: More on Know of courses on writing RFP responses?

Subject: Re: More on Know of courses on writing RFP responses?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 06:50:53 -0700

Sant makes proposal software. I've demoed it, but never purchased it.

http://www.santcorp.com/products/santsuite.asp

I don't know of any courses, but when I started doing proposals and RFP
very helpful:

? Proposal Development: How to Respond & Win the Bid - Bud Porter-Roth

? Handbook For Writing Proposals - Hamper, Baugh

? The Consultant's Guide to Proposal Writing - Herman Holtz (a prominent

? Persuasive Business Proposals - Tom Sant

? Writing Winning Business Proposals - Freed, Freed, Romano

The first two in particular were crucial to me in ramping up for this gig.
Also, search the archives for posts about proposals and RFPs - there's a
few of us proposal writers here, and some good info has been exchanged.

Good luck - I've found this field more interesting and rewarding than
regular documentation. Hope you will, too.

Keith Cronin
I'm not a tech writer, but I play one on TV.