Re: Am I asking too much of Word?

Subject: Re: Am I asking too much of Word?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:27:19 -0700

I'm getting lots of offlist replies, but no solutions as of yet.

To clarify/reiterate:

? I know how to do this using styles.
? My user will NOT be using styles. That's reality. It's not up for
debate.

So I'm looking for a way to do something that SEEMS fairly reasonable
using Word's icons. And the icon-created bullets are fine. But it seems
like outlined-numbered headings won't peacefully coexist with
icon-generated numbers.

If anybody has any solutions for this set of circumstances (as opposed to
suggestions for better sets of circumstances, which unfortunately do not
and will not exist) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Keith Cronin
demoting himself from "Word guru" to "guy who's pretty good with Word"