Bad News & Good News (personal)

Subject: Bad News & Good News (personal)
From: "Simon North" <Simon -dot- North -at- quintiq -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:38:09 +0100

With thanks to Ray for permission to post something personal ...

The Bad News is that after 7 wonderful years, Synopsys suddenly and
totally unexpectedly laid me off (23 of us in Germany got downsized) as
from Jan 31, 2004. No sour grapes; just a realization that the common
saying that a company is only as good as the people it employs isn't
always true.

The Good News is that as from Jan 19, 2004, I have a new job as the
technical writer for Quintiq Application Software BV in Den Bosch, The
Netherlands. Quintiq is a small-ish software company that's been doing
its own docs up until now. Exponential growth and increasing customer
expectations led them to realize they needed a professional ... but they
hired me anyway.

Looking forward to another 10 years on this list ... contact details
below.

Simon North

Simon North
Technical Writer
Quintiq Application Software BV
_________________________________
Goudsbloemvallei 12-28
5237 MJ 's HERTOGENBOSCH
P.O. BOX 264
5201 AG 's HERTOGENBOSCH
The Netherlands
Tel: +31(0)73 691 07 39
Fax: +31(0)73 691 07 54
www.quintiq.com
simon -dot- north -at- quintiq -dot- com