Re: FrameMaker International

Subject: Re: FrameMaker International
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: Sean Levesley <s -dot- levesley -at- ZOODigitalGroup -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:39:25 +0200

Sean,

You wrote:

... Can someone tell me what the difference is between the US and =
International versions? Does the International version include lots of extra =
dictionaries and write the manual for you? ...

Both FrameMaker versions are exactly the same; all dictionaries
are available in the US version too.

The pricing difference you mention is present in Israel too.
When I last tried to understand the reason for the 40-50% difference,
I was told by the Israeli distributor that Adobe has different price
lists for US distributors and for distributors in other countries,
even if there is no localization effort.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, InDesign, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
FrameMaker-to-PDF Assistants: Form, Navigation, Presentation, Defaults