RE: 3-variable modeling

Subject: RE: 3-variable modeling
From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:06:43 -0500

My sister does a lot of statistical reporting in the field of psychology. I
have heard her talk about a graph that displays variance above a "norm."
There's one horizontal line that represents the average or norm. Then,
another horizontal line is placed above or below that to show another
factor's relationship to the norm. You might be able to do differently
colored lines for hitting/running/fielding to show above/below the average
baseball player, using your earlier example. If there's any kind of time
progression (stats over a player's career), you could use the typical
time-line progression for a line graph. Without really spending time looking
at it, I'm not sure if this would be extremely readable, but off the top of
my head, I think it could work.

Dannette Thompson
Senior Technical Writer
dthompson -at- foundationsoft -dot- com

Foundation Software, Inc.
800-246-0800 ext. 213
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors