strange box appearing when I open a Word 2000 document

Subject: strange box appearing when I open a Word 2000 document
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:57:49 -0000

It's my week for Word problems! I created a new document yesterday, and now
whenever I open it there is a strange, empty dialog box that is displayed
first. There's a blue bar across the top that says Microsoft Word, the grey
area where you expect an instruction (but there isn't one), a white area to
fill in, and a Cancel and an OK button. Clicking either button does the same
thing - the document is subsequently displayed.

I must have done something to cause this box to display, but I have no idea
what. Because there's no information in the box to tell me what it's for, I
can't find any way to turn it off.

Have you experienced this? Do you know what it is? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation