Re: RH X4 and Word 2003

Subject: Re: RH X4 and Word 2003
From: allen -at- ignitedconsulting -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:18:19 -0700

John Posada wrote wrote:
> My support people called eHelp (Macromedia?) support and they were
> told that indeed, X4 does not, and that it is not planned to...ever [support Word 2003].
----------

Yes, RoboHelp X4 does not support Word 2003; however, I had not heard
directly from eHelp that X4 does not plan to issue a fix to support Word
2003 -- that's alarming. eHelp's work around is expensive and dangerous to
one's PC, nor is it supported by MS on Windows 2000.

So far, there hasn't been much noise on the boards about X4 and Word 2003
-- I don't know if that's because there aren't many people using Office
2003 yet, or that Help authors are too meek to complain [grin]. I'm trying
to get RH users to contact eHelp to let them know that they need to issue
a fix for X4. I've posted on the RH Help Author forums
(http://www.helpcommunity.ehelp.com/forums/) about this issue.

Allen Dean
Providus Software Solutions
http://www.providus.com/