RE: Best Word trick I've learned this week

Subject: RE: Best Word trick I've learned this week
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:39:03 -0800

Yes, leave nothing styled as "normal". Right after I delete all the
styles that don't belong to the template I'm using (them come in from
inserted files and copy-overs, I do a search for the "normal" style and
get rid of it. Often it's in resistant blank paragraphs (which should
have been nuked when I replace two para with one over and over)

I'm dealing with numerous papers that come from different authors from
all over the world. This kind of housekeeping standardizes the papers
and makes working on them easier. I make composite files of related
papers (75 to 150 pages) and go down a checklist of things I need to do
to get a "clean" document to work on. An actual printed out checklist!

:-)
Laurel

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

Jeff...we assign an inserted image to its own style. This way we don't
have to deal with "Normal" and we can do universal change to bordering,
alignment, side/top/bottom margins, etc.,

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com