RE: ACROBAT WORD COUNT

Subject: RE: ACROBAT WORD COUNT
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:43:38 -0800

You can also save the PDF as text, open in Word and check the word count
from there. Gets rid off all the images. Or try .doc or .rtf if you
think you might like it better.

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

Anna Langley wrote:
> Does anyone know how to determine word count in Adobe Acrobat 6.0?
> Thanks.

This is a terrific resource, even though it doesn't answer your specific
question:
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ballc/webtools/web_freqs.html

If you cannot do it in Acrobat, you can copy the entire PDF (make the
display the smallest that's possible and it's easy to copy text) and
paste it into the form on the page. I've pasted 200-page documents into
that form, so it can handle large documents.