RE: doc release

Subject: RE: doc release
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:02:26 -0800

Also, as documentation usually appears in more than one form, only one
of which is set in stone (err... paper), improvements can be ongoing and
be in response to end user concerns or problems that didn't come out in
the first release. Love those xxx.2 online software updates that can
also update the documentation. And love powerpoints presentations I can
add to or make notes on right then and there during the presentation
(never pretend you're perfect ... that's just another layer of
imperfection ;-).

Now, for anything going for traditional offset printing and 1000's of
copies ... third set of "bluelines" anyone? Ouch! (bluelines denoting a
stage of proofing and signoff, not the actual colour or process
anymore!) I HATE print publishing!

:-))

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

> when do you make the last changes to the documentation?
Take into account
> that there is not code freeze where I work. When do you
say no more changes
> to be done?

There is NEVER a time. The content can always be made
better. To not do so is to assume that the document is
perfect. Anyone on the list ever, in their whole career,
ever produce a perfect document?