Results from the "Who is using XML?" survey

Subject: Results from the "Who is using XML?" survey
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:33:18 -0500

Here are the compiled results of my controversial survey. I got 10 responses.

Eight out of ten were from people who use XML. (Which does not mean 80% of all tech writers use it, of course).

I did not find any consistency in company's size.

All people who specified there field of expertise were in computer related fields.

Everyone's reason for using XML is efficency or do more with less. They all reached their goal.

Since most people did not answer all questions and since the number of answers is quite limited, I guess there is nothing to conclude.

If you know of any published survey results on XML use by tech writers, please point me to it. I would propose myself to organize a real survey (with a more scientific approach) and publish the results, but I understood from this week's survey, that I'm not in a position to actually to that without raising suspiscions. So if anyone is up to it...

France Baril
Technical writer/Rédactrice technique
I X I A S O F T

+1 514 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com
[ www.ixiasoft.com ]