RE: Tools: Getting off a blacklist?

Subject: RE: Tools: Getting off a blacklist?
From: "Char James-Tanny" <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:23:47 -0500

Hi, Geoff :-)

We have Spam Assassin installed on our server, which can be
customized...this means that the amount of spam I receive is greatly
reduced. And then I run MailWasher on my system...according to today's
report, I've receive 354 e-mails, and 44 were spam. (And about 80% of those
are sent to the "owner" accounts of the Yahoo! Groups I help moderate, which
are now marked [SPAM], thanks to Yahoo!'s new spam filters.) (Of course,
there's probably several thousand spams sitting on the server...my husband
clears them out for me every week :-) )

However, this only helps you with what's coming into your system...as others
have mentioned, as long as Videotron remains on the blacklists, your e-mail
will continue to get blocked by those who subscribe, unless they override it
to accept your e-mail, while continuing to block the others. Your best bet
is to get an e-mail account on your own domain, as Gene said (and possibly
others).

Char James-Tanny