Linking to a PDF or CHM file

Subject: Linking to a PDF or CHM file
From: JohnCheraz -at- fairisaac -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:39:24 -0700

I use FrameMaker, WebWorks, and HTML Editor to create MS HTML help files.
I need to put links in my FrameMaker document that link to either PDF
files or another CHM file once the original files are converted into their
own CHM file for use.

For example, I am creating a help file for project Y. However, I have two
other files X (a pdf) and Z (another help file) to which Y needs to have
links. All three files will reside in the same directory for the
application they document. Is there a way to put a link to X and Z in Y
that will survive the conversion from Frame to MS HTML help?

Any thoughts?