Linking from an application to a PDF

Subject: Linking from an application to a PDF
From: "John David Hickey" <jdave -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:21:27 -0500

Greetings!

Does anyone know what's involved in creating context-sensitive help
for an application using a PDF document. What we want to do is use the
PDF as the online help by allowing the application to call specific
topics (tags) in the PDF. So instead of launching Win/Webhelp, it
would open the PDF at the right spot.

From what I understand, we may need the SDK from Adobe to make this
work. The SDK for Acrobat used to be free for registered users, but
now it seems it's extra ($195 annual fee).

Has anyone else used the Adobe SDK to create this link between the
application and a PDFed online help? Was it difficult?
--
John David Hickey
Senior Writer/Editor

Documentia Inc.