Re: FrameMaker International

Subject: Re: FrameMaker International
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:09:59 -0800 (PST)

Not sure the reason, but am fairly confident you get
nothing extra for the extra cash. Note that the price
difference might not be all Adobe's fault, U.S. prices
are *before* tax, because taxes vary by region, but I
believe European prices include tax (what is VAT now,
17%????).

--- Sean Levesley <s -dot- levesley -at- ZOODigitalGroup -dot- com>
wrote:

> We've been looking into switching to FrameMaker for
> writing our manuals as
> they are getting too unwieldy to manage in Word.
> However, I am v.confused
> about Adobe's pricing policy. FrameMaker is quoted
> at US$799 on Adobe.com,
> but is £705 ($1302) on Adobe.co.uk - a $500
> increase.

=====
T.