Re: Revision/Control Comment Tracking - Perhaps a missing PDF functionality?

Subject: Re: Revision/Control Comment Tracking - Perhaps a missing PDF functionality?
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:11:29 -0800 (PST)

--- eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:

> Now, I know that if everyone in your workflow has
> the full acrobat installation
> they can comment in pdfs. Subsequently, comments
> from various sources can all be
> combined into one pdf file. But what if your
> clients, SMEs, and other reviewers
> only have Acrobat Reader?

It's already available. I went to an Adobe seminar
about just exactly this matter, last year. Adobe is
selling "extensions" to Acrobat Reader that allow
users to comment, track changes, deal with electronic
signatures, etc., the same as is possible in the full
Acrobat installation. The problem is the price. I
spoke with one of their reps and they license it by
the seat, with a requirement that you have to buy a
certain minimum number of seat licenses - I can't
remember the exact number, but I remember doing the
match and finding the minimal installation would cost
something like $14,000.