Re: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?

Subject: Re: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: Elizabeth OShea <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:25:20 +0000

Elizabeth,

I'm working on similar. I assume they are in a terminal, so there isn't anywhere else to put it. So I am using the instruction "... input the command: xxxxxxxx"

I'd be interested to hear what others say, as this is my first gig writing for Linux users.

Best regards,
Ant

Elizabeth OShea wrote:

Hi all -

I've already Googled this one, and the results were:

"on the command line" = about 449,000 hits
"at the command line" = about 69,400 hits
"in the command line" = about 65,000 hits

I don't consider 449,000 sufficiently large to be authoritative! What do
Tech-WRLers think?

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation