Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?

Subject: Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:20:43 -0500

Bruce Byfield wrote:

In my experience, doing a professional favor is never wasted. You don't always get the favor back from the one you help (and there are some selfish nithlings in the local writing and high-tech communities, let me tell you), but you'll often find that you get a favor back from someone else who hears of your decency. One way or another, it comes back to you.

I agree with what you say, but to the extent you help in anticipation of being helped in exchange, I do not. The willingness to help others in a chosen profession is one of the hallmarks of a professional.

Bruce, from my prior correspondence and reading of many of your postings, without any shame, I accuse you of helping purely out of a sense of professionalism, without any expectation of being helped in return.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy