RE: Customer Satisfaction

Subject: RE: Customer Satisfaction
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "'Bonnie Granat'" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:44:57 -0800

I've wondered about similar issues as well. For one-off clients that
we've had, how do you 'wrap up' the account and leave them with warm,
fuzzy feelings about using our services again? I was thinking a little
gift (after they pay you). Like, we did some work for an Apple
development house, and our two clients are both heavy iPod users. So, I
think I'll send them some iPod skins. They cost about US $20 and would
probably make them happy.

As to the actual customer satisfaction issue, you probably wouldn't want
to include it with the gift--you'd probably get biased results. Still, I
think a 3 to 5 question survey is a great idea, and it shows that you're
interested in providing good service. If you have a company set up, or
if you have other partners, I would have somebody else send it. The
client is likelier to be more honest that way. Cheers. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Words. Words. Words.
http://www.darrenbarefoot.com