typesetting gallery and new Web site

Subject: typesetting gallery and new Web site
From: Aaron Shepard <AS -at- aaronshep -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:36:44 -0800

"A Typesetting Gallery" is now up on my Web site, with PDF samples of a standard text that has been typeset in various programs by various typesetters to standard specs. Now you can compare the results for yourselves.

So far, I have samples of Word for Windows and Mac, InDesign, Ventura, TeX, MultiAd, Canvas, and Freehand. I would love to have more, including PageMaker, Quark, FrameMaker, and WordPerfect. Instructions and the sample text are on the site.

The gallery is hosted on my brand new Publishing Page, with resources for self publishing, desktop book publishing, and print on demand. Also posted there is my article "Books, Typography, and Microsoft Word," the short version of my ebook of the same title.

Links are appreciated, and I also hope you'll sign up for my email bulletin for notice of changes and additions. The URL is

http://www.aaronshep.com/publishing

Aaron