Re: EGOS

Subject: Re: EGOS
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:38:07 -0800 (PST)

With respect to all concerned, this seems to beg the preliminary question: Just what definition of 'ego' are you using here?

I propose that a *good* tech writer or a *good* developer and certainly a *good* manager should all have healthy egos that stimulate them to excel and to seek the best possible job given the resources available.

The sort of inflated or excessive ego that stands in the way of effective teamwork, however, is obviously a very bad thing.

Too often, we argue around in circles unless we get "on the same page" regarding the meanings of the words we use. That is often, I believe, why there is occasionally more heat than light in these threads.

David

-----Original Message from Diane Boos <dboos -at- drizzle -dot- com>-----

Isaac Rabinovitch wrote:
But I stand by my phrasing. *Good* tech writers don't have egos. There are
simply a lot of bad tech
writers out there.

I can sure agree with that sentiment, having run into some of those writers.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com