Re: EGOS

Subject: Re: EGOS
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:12:07 -0500

> > But I stand by my phrasing. *Good* tech writers don't
> > have egos. There are simply a lot of bad tech writers
> > out there.

> I can sure agree with that sentiment, having run into some
of those writers.

I have quite a healthy ego. This ego makes me want you to
say "this is the best damn piece of documentation I've ever
seen, therefore by extension, you must be the best damn
writer I've ever seen."

Don't we all want that?

At the same time, I understand that none of my stuff is the
best damn stuff ever produced, and therefore, I'm not the
best damn writer ever born. However, I want to be and I know
to be so requires work.

Don't we all believe that?

So...what's wrong with me wanting each of my documents to be
"the best damn piece of documentation you've ever seen"?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com