Re: WORD 2002

Subject: Re: WORD 2002
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:45:06 -0800

"Lucero, Peggy A. NMIMC Contractor" <palucero -at- US -dot- MED -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL> wrote in
message news:223252 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> I added a 3 page Appendix to a document and WORD decided to renumber those
> pages 1-3. I don't want that.
> Can someone advise how I tell WORD those pages just need to be the next
> consecutively numbered pages, 38-41?

How was it added?

Page numbereing starting over like that occurs usually at a section break.
(View the document in Normal view, not Page Layout view, to see breaks.) If
that's what happened, you can either delete the break or set page numbering
in that section to be continuous.

Note that if you delete the break, the text would continue from the previous
paragraph unless the document is designed, for example, to put page breaks
before, say, chapter title paragraphs.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and break
all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com