Re: : webworks...final point

Subject: Re: : webworks...final point
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:55:28 -0500

At 09:36 AM -0800 2003-12-17, David Neeley wrote:

I think what most folks are surprised at is that someone might have email access without web access included with the account.
[snip]
Although Grace has not said, I would imagine that if she has her own dialup account for email it may well be through a very slow link which makes web browsing somewhat painful.

It's also possible that she's working at a company that allows email but blocks browser access to the Internet. That isn't as common as it used to be, thank heaven, but those policies still exist in some companies that are excessively concerned that their employees may be 'wasting time' on the Internet. I've worked in companies like that, and it's one of the reasons I prefer to freelance. As long as I meet my deadlines, my clients don't care what else I do.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com