Re: Help! A positive phrase for "non-Web application"?

Subject: Re: Help! A positive phrase for "non-Web application"?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:16:15 -0800 (PST)

> However, if you are running a 10,000 Sun Workstation
> and running a GUI Java
> application launched from the command line at the
> headquarters to your
> company, you might not think of it as a desktop
> application. I need a phrase
> that also counts this situation, since such an app
> will not rely on HTML and HTML image tags.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the point,
really? Why do you need to modify "application" at
all?

If I'm selling ducks, and some customers might get
mallards, and others pekins, and some may get a
plethora including mallards, pekins, rouens, and
muskovys. A select few may also get some geese, but
they don't quite fit the duck label. But, for the sake
of simplicity, when refering to the delivery the
client receives, we might just refer to "ducks" and
not get down to the multi-colored vs. white, etc.

So, unless you absolutely need to distinguish for some
specific and urgent reason, call a duck a duck and an
application an application.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://photos.yahoo.com/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com