Re: flash and IE

Subject: Re: flash and IE
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:29:02 -0700

Andrea Brundt wrote:

> They're all using IE, with a "typical" installation -- it's a requirement
of
> our software. I understand that Flash can be annoying, especially when
it's
> done poorly, but right now I'm just at the "proof-of-concept" phase. So
back
> to my question -- where can I find some history about the version of Flash
> is installed with a with older versions of IE?

I don't think the Flash player has ever been "part of" IE -- i.e., installed
automatically with the browser. IIRC, the first time you need it, IE either
downloads it automatically or prompts you to confirm that you want to
download it, depending on your security settings.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs