Re: flash and IE

Subject: Re: flash and IE
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:49:39 -0500

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:36:44 -0500, Andrea Brundt <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

I'm exploring the possiblity of delivering some content to clients on a
CD-ROM or over the Web. I'd like to incorporate Flash animations, but I need
information about which versions of the Flash player were part of a typical
installation of earlier versions of IE. I've googled for a while, but
haven't found much.

Are all your clients using IE and have all of them accepted the Flash
download? I often use other browsers inclusing Opera, Mozilla, Firebird
and (yes) lynx, and ignore the request to download Flash. Indeed, I've
never downloaded it into IE. I regard Flash as an annoyance that's in
the way of getting the info I'm seeking. What do your clients think?

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com