Re: Did they really mean what it says?

Subject: Re: Did they really mean what it says?
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:07:25 -0800

Peter advises us:
>> In my travels I found this gem of an advertising
malapropism on the bottom of the Toshiba support
web page. Great example of how not to say it.

"Protect your PC from Microsoft." <<

It's even funnier than you might think.
It's actually an advertisement BY Microsoft
and the subtle difference between the above
quote and how it's presented makes it even
more precious. With font fondling cuteness:

"Protect your PC
from Microsoft"

Funny how a line feed makes a difference.

CB - protecting my computer from and by Microsoft

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.